Welcome to Candice and Return to Life Massage and Movement Therapies! Candice will start seeing clients on April 13th. We are so happy to have you at San Antonio Yoga Center.
HOURS & INFO
Call for Special Event Scheduling.
Friday: 9am-2pm (open until 9pm alternating weeks)
Saturday: 9am-4pm (open until 9pm alternating weeks)
To book a massage go to: yagaro.com/return to life
I started off in the massage industry in 2010 to transition from Hotel Management & achieve a better work-life balance. After a whiplash injury, I dove head-first into clinical modalities to learn how to heal my chronic headaches, neck & shoulder pain. I learned as much as I could about the body, & maintained an active yoga practice.
In 2016, I got divorced, became a single mom of two preschoolers, & found myself thrust into a situation where I had a new opportunity to self-actualize my own career goals, & yet I had to balance even more carefully than before.
Within a year, I got my MT instructor license & my Pilates instructor certification, & I studied 60+ hours with Austin-based Thai massage educator Robert Gardner. I began working with myself & others to rehabilitate chronic pain due to improper movement patterns & injury.
In 2018, I was diagnosed with an aggressive type of breast cancer at stage 3, and underwent 6 months of chemotherapy and targeted immunotherapy, followed by a total bilateral mastectomy. Thankfully, my tumors were completely demolished by the chemo, but my treatment continues with radiation, immunotherapy, and reconstruction through 2019. I hope to use this experience in my practice to help others who have been affected by a cancer diagnosis, either themselves or with a loved one, to heal through compassionate therapeutic touch and rehabilitation techniques.
My mission is to help clients overcome their pain, reach their fitness goals, & achieve an overall increased sense of well-being through bodywork, lifestyle changes, and healthy movement.
- LMT #112619 since 2011
- ABMP member #1059082 since 2014
- MT Instructor #3320 since 2016
- Peak Pilates level 1 Instructor #192567 since 2017
- Fitour Advanced Group Ex Instructor #219601 since 2018
- Fitour Foam Rolling Cert. since 2018
- Fitour Barre Instructor since 2019
- BASI Pilates Comprehensive Instructor, pending
- 70 CE hours in clinical neuromuscular therapy
- 60 CE hours in therapeutic Thai massage technique
- 24 CE hours in advanced anatomy & kinesiology
- 12 CE hours in chair massage
- 6 CE hours in prenatal massage
- 6 CE hours in cupping therapy